Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tugas Inggris 8E - 8F

A. Put the verb into the correct form!
1. Please don’t make so much noise. I ______________(try) to work.
2. It _________________(get) dark. Shall I turn on the light?
3. The Panama Canal __________________(connect) the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
4. I don’t often ____________________(drink) coffee.
5. Let’s go out. It_______________________(not/rain) now.
6. I must go now. It _______________(get) late.
7. The river Nile ______________________(flow) into Mediterranean.
8. Paul is never late. He always _____________________(get) to work on time
9. Julia is very good at language. She __________________(speak) four languages very well.
10. “Hurry up, it’s time to leave.” “OK, I______________________(come).

B. Put the verb into the correct form: present continuous or present simple.
1. Are you hungry? ______________________(you/want) something to eat?
2. Don’t put the dictionary away. I ____________________(use) it.
3. Don’t put the dictionary away. I ____________________(need) it.
4. Who is that man? What ____________________(he/want)?
5. Who is that man? Why _______________________(he/look) at us?
6. Alan says he is 80 years old, but nobody ____________________(believe) him.
7. She told me her name, but I __________________(not/remember) it now.
8. I_______________(think) of selling my car. Would you be interested in buying it?
9. I _______________(think) you should sell your car. You____________(not/use) it very often
10. Air __________________(consist) mainly of nitrogen and oxygen.
C. Complete the sentences using the following verbs in the correct form:

buy catch cost fall hurt sell spend teach throw believe eat flow make rise tell translate

1. Bees ____________honey
2. Vegetarians _________________meat
3. An atheist __________________________in God
4. We could not afford to keep our car, so we _______________it.
5. Jim ____________________the ball to Sue, who ___________________it?
6. The sun _______________in the east.
7. An interpreter ______________________on language into another
8. Liars are people who _____________________________the truth.
9. The river Amazon ___________________________into the Atlantic Ocean.
10. Ann _________________a lot of money yesterday. She ____________ a dress which _________$100

D. Each of the following sentences contains either one or two grammatical errors. Underline the errors and write the correct sentence in the lines provided.
1. If I was you, I will make sure that I work very hard for my exams.
_______________________________________________________
2. Checks this out!
__________________
3. Each of the following paragraphs contain either one or two grammatical error.
________________________________________________________________
4. I saw the old man crossed the road in a drunken manner.
______________________________________________
5. He always seem to knew what is going to happen next.
_____________________________________________
6. His thrill-seeking behavior has bring about his downfall.
_____________________________________________________
7. Nobody would understood the pain my mother had to went to to bring us up.
_______________________________________________________________
8. As I was lying on my bed, I suddenly feel something crowled up my left leg.
_____________________________________________________________
9. You may came along, but you must promise to behave yourself.
_________________________________________________________
10. Bungling along would only hastened your demised
______________________________________________
E.

1 comment: